“Apartheid Studies” is a term coined by University of Johannesburg academic, Professor Nyasha Mboti. The term refers to the generation of a body of theory about, and the systematic study of, apartheid. 5 Apartheid Studies projects are currently underway:
- Book project: Apartheid Studies (Africa World Press, 2017).
- Book project: Apartheid for Dummies (Africa World Press, 2018).
- 10-year Encyclopaedia project: An Encyclopaedia of Apartheid, vol. 1-5 (Africa World Press, 2018-2028).
- Video project: Apartheid in 30-seconds – Database of short videos clips on the various meanings of apartheid.
- Online Masterclass: Readings in African Thought